10 New Uses for Pasta Sauce
You already know it’s a great idea to always have a jar (or five!) of pasta sauce on hand to make a quick and satisfying homemade meal in a pinch. Cook some pasta, heat the sauce, stir together, and dinner is served. But there are so many more ways you can use a jar of pasta sauce. Here are some ideas to try tonight:
10 non-pasta ways to use pasta sauce
Pasta sauce is perfect for, well, pasta! But it’s also a versatile ingredient that can be employed to make recipes of all types.
- Bruschetta Topper: Mix 1 cup of pasta sauce with a 1/2 cup of chopped olives, 1/2 cup of chopped roasted peppers, and 1 tablespoon capers. Smear over slices of French bread.
- Buffalo Wing Dip: Adding 1 cup of Otamot Spicy Sauce brings the heat to this crowd-pleasing dip. Watch it disappear on game day or any gathering.
- Tomato Soup: Since Otamot contains 10 organic veggies, you can make a nutritious tomato soup by simply mixing 1 jar with 1 cup broth or water. For a fun touch, cut grilled cheese into small squares and float on top as “croutons”.
- Hearty Minestrone: Use a jar of Otamot to create layers of deep flavor in this veggie-loaded minestrone recipe.
Some oven lovin!
- Chicago-Style Pizza: Craving a slice of deep dish? With this easy recipe you don’t have to wait hours in line for an authentic-tasting Chicago-style pizza that gets topped with a jar of thick and flavorful Otamot sauce.
- Herbed Tomato Bread: Make a loaf of this delicious soft bread for a friend, which uses Otamot Essential Sauce as the base to add moistness and tons of flavor.
- Enchiladas: An Italian-Mexican infusion, these vegetarian enchiladas include the tastiest take on enchilada sauce that starts with a jar of Otamot and comes together fast.
- Chicken-Tacos: Get the fam to gobble up a ton of nutrition with these veggie-filled, kid-approved chicken tacos that incorporate a cup of Otamot.
Think outside of the jar!
- Bloody Marys: If you know someone who is a Bloody Mary connoisseur, impress them by making a batch of Otamot’s Spicy Bloody Mary that starts with a jar of Otamot Spicy Sauce and can be made up to 2 weeks ahead.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes: 1 cup of Otamot Carrot Bolognese Sauce adds incredible flavor and unmatched moistness to Carrot Cake Cupcakes - this is a must-try!
Looking for more unique ideas? Check out our Recipes page for dozens of recipes using Otamot.
What are some clever ways you have used Otamot to make a delicious and nutritious meal? We’d love to see your recipe suggestions - email them to us at email@example.com
Jessie Shafer is a registered dietitian-nutritionist, team member at The Real Food RDs, former magazine editor, and busy mom of two who loves to show the versatility of nutritious ingredients.