Turkey White Bean Chili
Chili is a great comfort food when it's cold out. So grab a warm, fuzzy throw, and try your hand at this satisfying seasonal recipe of Turkey White Bean Chili, using Otamot's Organic Essential Sauce- for a cozy, guilt-free indulgence!
Comforting Turkey and White Bean Chili
4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 lb ground turkey
1 large sweet onion, diced, ¼ cup reserved for garnish
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika, preferably smoked
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
2 jars Otamot Essential Sauce
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
½ cup sour cream
1 cup of your favorite tortilla or corn chips, crushed
2 tbsp chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until evenly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Spoon the cooked meat onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain and discard the remaining liquid and fat in the pot. Return pot to the heat.
- Add the other 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and heat for one minute. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika and sauté until the onions begin to caramelize, about 6-8 minutes.
- Finely chop one chipotle chile and combine in a bowl with 2 tsp of the adobo sauce from the can and the 2 jars of Otamot Essential Sauce. Add to the sautéed onion mixture and continue to cook down for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, white beans and cooked turkey to the pot, and season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the chili up to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30-45 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend together.
- Serve the chili in bowls and garnish with diced onion, crushed chips, sour cream, diced avocado, chopped cilantro (if using) and freshly cracked black pepper.