Turkey White Bean Chili
Chili is a great comfort food when it's cold out. So grab a warm, fuzzy throw, and try your hand at this satisfying seasonal recipe of Turkey White Bean Chili, using Otamot's Organic Essential Sauce- for a cozy, guilt-free indulgence!
Comforting Turkey and White Bean Chili
4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 lb ground turkey
1 large sweet onion, diced, ¼ cup reserved for garnish
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika, preferably smoked
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
2 jars Otamot Essential Sauce
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
½ cup sour cream
1 cup of your favorite tortilla or corn chips, crushed
2 tbsp chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until evenly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Spoon the cooked meat onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain and discard the remaining liquid and fat in the pot. Return pot to the heat.
- Add the other 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and heat for one minute. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika and sauté until the onions begin to caramelize, about 6-8 minutes.
- Finely chop one chipotle chile and combine in a bowl with 2 tsp of the adobo sauce from the can and the 2 jars of Otamot Essential Sauce. Add to the sautéed onion mixture and continue to cook down for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, white beans and cooked turkey to the pot, and season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the chili up to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30-45 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend together.
- Serve the chili in bowls and garnish with diced onion, crushed chips, sour cream, diced avocado, chopped cilantro (if using) and freshly cracked black pepper.
Also in Recipes
Carrot Cake and Tomato sauce? Who would have dreamed it?! But the improbable is actually delicious.