Croutons never tasted this good! A simple recipe that combines diced cubed of bread with Otamot, EVOO, and some seasonings that takes your croutons to new heights!
4 cups bread, cut into 1” cubes and left out overnight to dry
1 cup Otamot Organic Essential Tomato Sauce
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp fresh herb, chopped (whichever is your favorite: thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram)
1 tsp kosher salt
⅓ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, finely grated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk Otamot, olive oil, chopped herb, salt and cheese, if using, in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add in dry bread cubes and toss to coat evenly. Spread on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Stir croutons every 5-10 minutes to bake evenly.
- Serve with your favorite salad or Otamot Tomato Soup, or they’re great as a snack in a bowl on the counter!
Add 1/4 cup of mascarpone for a richer, creamier sauce.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.