Thanksgiving Leftover BBQ Turkey Sliders
- 1 jar Otamot Organic Essential Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups roast turkey, shredded
- 8 dinner rolls or slider buns, cut in half
- Combine all the ingredients except the turkey and dinner rolls in a medium sauce pot. Heat over medium-low heat and stir. Bring the BBQ sauce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes to combine all the flavors.
- Place the shredded turkey in a mixing bowl and add one cup of the prepared BBQ sauce. Stir to evenly coat the meat.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup of BBQ turkey onto each dinner roll. Serve with dill pickle slices or additional cranberry sauce on each slider.
**SPECIAL NOTES – The cranberry sauce adds sweetness to the BBQ sauce and a great tart element. Feel free to use leftover white or dark meat in the sliders. If you don’t have leftover dinner rolls, store-bought slider buns work great too. These sliders would also be great topped with cheese you might have leftover from a cheese platter or a spoonful of warmed leftover stuffing. This BBQ sauce recipe will make more than you need for the sliders. The sauce will keep well in the fridge for two weeks.
Serves: 4 people